Get yourself mobile with the Smart Transfer
The Smart Transfer lift is designed to smoothly transfer a person from their wheelchair into a car seat.
It is made from strong, lightweight aluminium and can lift up to 150kg.
When the lifting device is not in use, it can be easily detached providing the necessary leg room.
No need to change vehicles! You should consider saving money with the Smart Transfer before looking at more expensive wheelchair accessible vehicles.
Autochair have over 350 vehicle specific kits for Sedans, Vans, 4x4s, Hatchbacks, MPVs & Convertibles making the installation process efficient for our authorised installers.
The mount and bracket which holds the lifting device can be installed into most vehicle types by a qualified installer usually within 3-4 hours.
The Smart Transfer can be used injunction with the Smart Transfer Smartbase providing a transfer lift solution in the home, on holiday or even in the office.
How it works in 4 simple steps
1. Place the sling onto the seat before or after the user is seated.
2. Securely attach the sling to the 4 point lifting attachment.
3. Using the remote, press the up button to guide the person into the car.
4. Unclip the sling and stow the lift ready for travel.
Is the Smart Transfer reliable?
Autochair have over 45,000 satisfied customers world wide.
Founder of Autochair, David Walker received an OBE from the Queen in October 2014 in recognition for his products & services to people with disabilities. Read David Walkers OBE recognition.
What if I’m not satisfied with The Smart Transfer?
If you’re not satisfied with the Smart Transfer we’ll refund your money – it’s a simple as that.
We’ll also work with the installer to have it removed immediately at no additional cost to you.
Am I Eligible For Funding?
You may be eligible to receive funding support.
Your Occupational Therapist normally applies for this on your behalf through the NDIS or state agency.
To see if you’re eligible for funding support through the NDIS, visit the NDIS checklist.
Your Occupational Therapist will also need a quote from us during the application lodging process.
- Product Sheet
- Demonstration Agreement
- Drop Bar Calculation
- Therapeutic Goods Certificate
- Light Vehicle Modification NSW
- Fitting Instructions: Nissan X-Trail (Sample)
- Fitting Instructions: Volkswagen Golf (Sample)
- Fitting Instructions: Toyota Rav 4 (Sample)
- Vehicle Access & Modifications Brochure
- Autochair Product Catalogue
- Vehicle Access & Modification Flyer (w/ checklist)
Roger Hull, West Sussex
Edward Bainbridge, Cumbria
How much will this cost me?
As installation costs vary between car makes and models, we first need to find out if the Smart Transfer fits your car.
Will This Fit My Car?
MobilityCare is the direct importer of Autochair products into Australia. This gives us direct access to over 350 vehicle specific installation kits.
Find out if the Smart Transfer is suitable for your car by calling us on (03) 9568 8383 or sending us your vehicle’s details using the form below:
What happens next?
- Once we have your vehicle’s details, we search within Autochair’s Installation Database to see if there is a match.
- If there is a match, we’ll email you with the installation guide for your vehicle containing colour images showing the finished installation. Otherwise, we’ll let you know if the installation cannot be done with your make and model.
- Lastly, we send you your quote including costing for:
- The Smart Transfer
- Installation – Please note installation costs are determined independently by the local authorised installer (not by us) and we simply add this to your quote.
- Once you have your quote we’ll leave it with you to make the decision whether to go ahead with the installation or not.