AMF-Bruns: World Innovators in Wheelchair & Occupant Restraint and Securement Systems for Vehicles.
Easypull is the world’s most innovative heavy-duty vehicle winch secure system for wheelchairs. It features an innovative design that pulls a wheelchair and passenger up a ramp, self-tensions and secures by remote control.
How it works
1. Open the rear doors or tale-gate and fold out the access ramp.
2. Engage the wheelchairs wheel locks.
3. Using the remote control, push and hold button A (slow belt real-out) or push and hold button C (fast belt real-out). A beep signal signifies that the belt is unlatched.
4. Pull the electrically operated belts out to the wheelchair, then release the push button on the remote control.
5. Attach the belts to the front of the wheelchair.
6. Release the wheel locks and position yourself behind the wheelchair.
7. Using the remote control, press and hold button B to begin pulling the wheelchair into the vehicle.
8. Release the push button B, when the magnets touch the base of the Easypull.
10. Secure the wheelchair passenger with occupant securements.
11. Fold up the ramp and close the rear door or tailgate.
The Protektor system provides critical stabilization for passengers in the event of a collision. The pelvic and shoulder belts ensure that the passenger is always secure.
Available in Silver, Black or Heavy Duty series (Heavy Duty for applications up to 160kg) with different methods of attaching to the chair including Loop, Hook or Carabiner.
How it works
1. Position the wheelchair between the tie-down points on the vehicle floor facing forward.
2. Anchor to the floor using the mono system or rail system.
3. The tie-down position on the wheelchair needs to be at the height of the seat.
4. Only fix the belts on the stable frame of the wheelchair.
5. Tighten the retractor firmly to remove any slackness. A loose belt reduces the safety features dramatically.
6. The front and rear position of the tie-down should be as far apart as possible to ensure the wheelchair is unable to tip over.
7. The pelvis belt must run between the armrest and the backrest (It must not pass through the wheels or the arm rests).
8. Wear the pelvis belt as low as possible and tighten to remove any slackness. The pelvis belt must be tight to the body in order to avoid the submarining effect.
9. Tighten the shoulder belt well to avoid the jackknife effect.
The FutureSafe head & backrest is safe, space-saving and comfortable – a flexible, adaptable patented safety system with an integrated diagonal belt for wheelchair users.
The headrest and backrest are separate so that they can be individually adjusted to suit the wheelchair user. When the vehicle is being driven without a wheelchair, the FutureSafe can be simply swivelled back against the sidewall.
Who are AMF-Bruns?
For almost 60 years, AMF-Bruns has been the leading European manufacturer of wheelchair lifts, lowering suspensions, ramps, steps and wheelchair and occupant restraint systems.
The family owned business’ of AMF-Bruns have been providing the safest, quickest, and easiest to use wheelchair securement systems worldwide.
AMF-Bruns is continually researching and improving wheelchair transportation.
Am I Eligible For Funding?
There are a number of organisations and government initiatives in place that are able to provide eligible people with the financial support required to reduce costs and help people reach a solution.
Such organisations and agencies include:
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
- Your state funding organisation.
- Numerous charitable organisations, secular and religious based.
- Home care packages https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/help-at-home/home-care-packages
If you are under 65, you may be eligible for NDIS, even if you were born with or have developed a disability. You are ineligible if you become disabled from an injury.
Once you reach 65 you can no longer access NDIS. At this age you may be eligible for a home care package to assist you living in your own home, as an alternative to moving into a retirement home. This may include mobility scooters and vehicle hoists.
If you would like to speak directly with us, call 03 9568 8383 and we would be happy to assist you with any queries.